Saturday, January 5, 2013

I changed my mind

Today is just another day.  We all have them.  Days that are not too busy, no special events.  Days where haircuts, carwash, groceries and laundry are the highlights.  Not a day packed full of photo ops and grand memories, so looking to be inspired for today's photo challenge was not easy to come by.

I will be honest.  Day two and I already contemplated not doing my pic-of-the-day.  Saving it for tomorrow and the possibility of some great capture was in the forefront of my mind.  The great Border Battle football game is on the TV, dinner is done and the laundry just needs to run in the dryer.  I'm pretty much "done for the day" and have nothing to show for it.  Well, not quite.  I did manage to recover $0.49 from the bottom of  the washing machine when moving my clothes to the dryer.  That isn't much, and certainly not payment enough for the task at hand, as I drop it in my change drawer the old saying "It all adds up" comes to mind.  Low and behold there, too, is my pic.

As I peek in the top of my genie bottle shape jar to see how it stacks up, I realize im looking down from a high angle.... today's challenge.

  I really like the effect.  It's almost an artsy-fartsy look through the narrow neck of the bottle to the bounty below.  Okay. Its not much of a bounty, so to speak, but it's a start.  I cash it in every now and then and am always surprised at how much a jar of change can yield.  Enough to fund mini-rewards and little pleasures that make it worth the while.  Another chance to snag a peaceful moment which is always my mission.

I only wish the pockets would surrender some dollar bills as often as it does the coin.

No comments:

Post a Comment